Effective December 21, 2000
Thank you for visiting the MSGIC site, part of Maryland State Government online.
Maryland law mandates:
- that State agencies shall not create personal records unless the need for the information is clearly established;
- that personal records shall be relevant to the purposes for which they are collected, and
- that personal records be accurate and current; and
- that personal records not be obtained by fraudulent or misleading means.
When we request personal data from online customers, we must notify you:
- of the purposes for which the information is collected;
- the consequences to you for refusing to provide the personal information (i.e. Not being able to receive help via e-mail if no e-mail address is provided);
- your right to inspect and correct personal records (a contact name and information will be listed for this purpose);
- that all information we collect is generally available for public inspection; and
- that this information may be made available to other entities if they request it.
Please refer to the Maryland Department of Information Technology Website for additional information on information technology policies in Maryland. The State of Maryland is committed to providing you with web sites over which you may securely and confidently transact businesss with the State.
The MSGIC website uses a visitor's IP address and domain name to help diagnose problems with its server, administer its website and to generate a website use report. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are using the Internet. A "server" is the machine that houses our website and sends you the web pages you request after identifying your computer by its IP address. A domain name is the Internet address of your company or Internet Service Provider (i.e. msgic.state.md.us or myISP.com). IP addresses and domain names are not linked to anything personally identifiable. The user's session is logged, but the user remains anonymous.
Except in the case of MSGIC members, the only personal information (name, address and contact information) being collected online at this time is a visitor's e-mail address. This is collected only when the visitor follows a hyperlink to an e-mail address. These links exist for the purpose of resolving problems with the site (via e-mail), offering feedback, or contacting a MSGIC member. The information collected is the visitor's e-mail address, and any other personal/contact information include in the body of the e-mail message.
Please read before using our site.
Upcoming EventsQuarterly Meetings
- July 24
- May 8