|A commitment to excellence in the development and coordination of geographic information technologies.|
Welcome to the Maryland State Geographic Information Committee (MSGIC) Website.
MSGIC was formed in 1992 to help better serve the GIS community in Maryland. MSGIC members represent all levels of government, academia, regional organizations, and private industry. Through our volunteer organization, our goal is to help make GIS in Maryland better. Our focus is on providing Maryland:
- Serve as a focal point for coordination of GIS activities statewide.
- Reduce duplication of GIS efforts within Maryland.
- Support development of geographic data sets that are useful for multiple purposes, recognizing that individual entities may be responsible for developing and maintaining specific data sets.
- Develop and work to implement standards and guidelines for GIS in Maryland.
- Promote the preservation of valuable GIS data, recognizing that such data are a capital asset.
Have a good idea? Looking to get involved? This website will help guide you to some of the opportunities to help grow the use of GIS in The State of Maryland.
Upcoming EventsQuarterly Meetings
- July 24
- May 8